August 24, 2009

Blog Book


Okay, so here's the scoop on the blog book. We used Blurb and I was really happy with the results. Once you go on to blurb, you download a piece of software that is made to link to your blog and it moves over all your blog posts and then allows you to work with their pre-made templates. I was making it super simple and then James started over and took over creative control. There are a lot of ways you can manipulate the backgrounds and pictures and text. The only complaint I've heard is if you use low grade pictures they obviously wont have great quality when printed and the templates will tell you they're too small.

-Our book is standard size 8x11
-We did image wrap hard back (so we wouldn't have a lame book jacket to get lost and ruined)
-Contains 2 years of blogs
-200 pages
-$60.00

It is definitely a labor of love. You have to want to spend the time to make it exactly what you want and so you will be happy with the finished product. It took James about 5 nights, ALL NIGHT to get this done.

7 comments:

Danika said...

Once I ever get my personal history entries done, I would love to make them into a book. I always knew you could but haven't looked into any details. Thanks for the info.

Rebecca said...

I appreciate the detailed info on this. I knew about blurb and have been wanting to publish my own blog, and now I know how much, work, time and money it's going to take when I do. I appreciate it!

Kim Watson said...

Thank you for sharing your experience! I've been wanting to do mine, and I wondered how long it would take and what the cost would be. Now I know...thanks! From the picture, it looks like your book turned out nicely. Good job.

Ginger said...

What a great idea!

Meredith said...

So if you reduce all your pics to a small size for the blog, can you go back and get the originals to use for print? Can you decide to eliminate certain entries or does it take all content? Can't wait to try it...in a few weeks when life slows down, if there is such a thing.

Micah and Jen said...

I love my books and use Blurb as well. I actually don't use my pictures from the blog and just copy them direct from my computer so I have the higher quality pics....and the image wrap is awesome! I wish they would have had that option the first year I did it....but I'm too cheap to replace 2007 with an image wrap! Glad you are enjoying your book!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to do this too....Thanks for posting about it!