September 5, 2009

Awesome / Not Awesome



Awesome: Adults falling (always good for a laugh)
Not Awesome: Being the adult that falls (in my defense, it had just rained and I was wearing flip-flops with no traction. I was however surrounded by people so I had to play like I was totally fine and they had to act like it was not hilarious. PS my knee is jacked as well as my pride.)

Awesome: Gus becoming more independent
Not Awesome: Gus deciding I was infringing on his "alone" time so he decided to lock me out of the house. (I had to go to my neighbors house and get James to come home from work, I was pissed and Gus was sad. Alone time not such a success.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome: That is HYSTERICAL!!!
Not Awesome: It happened to you!

said...

Oh no! That's stressful~ you poor girl! Hope your knee is ok...

little jill said...

Funny

and

Funny

Dangerford said...

remember when i got locked out of the house during a babysitting job, and then quit my job because the kid sucked!

Mimi said...

Your life is seriously crazy. Who does this happen to? Good times!

Sheri said...

I love adults falling. It's my favorite. Adults yelling at kids to "unlock the door" is funny too. It's a tie. I wish I was there.

Ben and Maggie said...

Too funny! I can laugh because you have laughed at me tons!:) Looks like Gus has a little more Bowles than you thought!

Anonymous said...

Ah jeez. Wish I had been there for both events.

Ginger said...

Yeah, I always try to remember to put a key in my pocket when I leave the front door for any reason. I've learned.

Cicily said...

Now I just want to assure those of you that don't get my sarcasm. Gus didn't actually lock me out, just so you all know. It was a total door fluke, but funny all the same. The best part was trying to keep him happy talking at the window until James got home.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Great story--ok, maybe not great stories, but funny telling of them. I agree with Sheri, adults telling kids to "unlock the door" is really funny, when it isn't you. Poor Gus.
We have some friends in Utah and the husband was telling Don and I one time that he thinks he's pretty funny yet his wife won't laugh at his joke but will die laughing if she sees someone fall. I think he was a little offended. :)
Don and I love the design of your blog...I'm assuming it's James doing with both of your input? At any rate, it looks very cool.

Amy

The Lowes said...

Poor little guy! James work is a LONG way from your house. You need to teach him how to unlock doors I guess. :) I hope your knee and your pride recover quickly!