May 5, 2010

Rainbow cake instructions


I made 2 regular white cake mixes and seperated them into 6 different bowls for all the colors of the rainbow.  I used the gel food coloring and mixed up each color.  I was only able to get three 8 inch rounds made out of the two cake mixes, but it was plenty.  I took my 1 cup scoop and would take a scoop of each color and plop it in the middle, it just settles into the pattern so don't fuss with it or it will mix colors and look brown and gross.  I did two color order r,o,y,g,b,p and one p,b,g,y,o,r, just to mix it up.  Make sure you spray your pans really well, Pam has this awesome baking spray that has the flour already in it and it was great the cakes just slid out after baking.  Follow baking instructions, cool and decorate.  It took me 3 tubs of store bought frosting to cover this one all the way, just an FYI it's a lot of frosting. 

4 comments:

Annell said...

I'm so glad you explained this! I was wondering...

Sheri said...

thanks.

Jill said...

glad you posted this, Hyrum asked me to ask you about it. He thinks it's the raddest cake ever.

Kenna said...

So I hope you don't mind but I think I will be taking this recipe and copying your idea, and do the same thing for Parker's birthday. Thanks!