March 10, 2010

What is that?

That my friends, is Gus' new favorite toy.  Any of you who know Gus know of his obsession with random things, cupboards, vacuum cleaners, tiny stuff and now the carrot nub.  Yes, a carrot nub or carrot buns as Gus refers to it.  We made stew the other night and Gus insisted on keeping the carrot nub, since then he has taken it everywhere, the library, the tub (where the nub got a thorough washing by Gus), and to bed.  I had to pry it out of his hands after he fell asleep last night and he asked for it when he first woke up.  He also has a plastic lid that he likes to put the nub in, they are a good pair.  My kid is awesome, who else would find joy in a carrot nub.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Gus is wonderful.

jake and jenni said...

I stared at the picture for a while, trying to decide what "it" was. I guessed a mini cinnamon roll (due to the browning of the nub). So, I can see Gus naming it the "carrot roll".
I wonder how long it will take for the nub to mold. My guess is 1 week.

ps. You feeling better?

Dangerford said...

peter thinks gus is weird!